It is a beautiful sunday. We headed off to our usual Starbucks cafe after our morning walk. This is our sunday routine. I hate it when our routine was disrupted.
The MIW (men in white) were holding some kind of annual event at a theatre near our cafe. So all the roads were closed, including pedestrian. Everyone had to make a big detour. So, not happy because there was no signs nor notice, just no entry. MIW, next time hold your events at your parliment house, ntuc building etc....there's tons of other options. But I only have one route to Starbucks and I get crabby if I don't get my Sunday caffeine.
So we finally got to Starbucks and ordered my breakfast. This is one of the very few dogs friendly places left. Finally get to enjoy breakfast in peace and happy that everyone else is still in bed. Then came a foreign couple who of all places choose to sit at the table in front of us. Mind you, the place is EMPTY. Wife is ok but the husband keeps staring at us, especially at my dog. Ignored them and continue having my breakfast. After breakfast, I cleared up and brought the plates inside. Then the couple came in and the husband told me angrily they had to shift inside because my dog is barking. Now this is weird, zackt hardly barks except when he is threatened or very excited. And I was away for very short time, I left him there every week and he never barks. So IDIOT, if you have been staring at my dog and he feels threatened, so cos he will bark.
So we left the cafe. Had to take the detour again via the mrt walkway. This time stopped by the mrt personal and was told that I cannot walk here with zackt. Told him to open his eyes and see....there's no other routes available! He keeps ranting so I told him if he have concerns, speak to the police in front. Ignore him and carried on walking.
Singapore has become more and more intolerant of dogs and dog owners. Especially the new immigrants and visitors who come from countries where dogs are considered low class. All we ask for is a little space. I don't come up to you and ask you to stop your children from screaming and running away in restaurants and shopping malls.
So live and let live.

This is no good, very sorry that happened. We live in a college town and sometimes run into the same type of ignorance from foreign students from countries that do not like dogs...love an husky woooos furiends,
ReplyDeleteRA
KARMA!
ReplyDeleteHugz&Khysses,
Khyra
Miss you dude, hope things are good,
ReplyDeleteNukNuk
Hope you are well mates,
ReplyDeleteNuk
Miss you guys, hope everything is OK,
ReplyDeleteNuk
Miss you buddy,
ReplyDeleteMiss you,
ReplyDeleteMiss you,
ReplyDelete